This project was a show bike experimenting with several new concepts including:
• Carbon frame with internal belt designed with mentorship from the folks at Kestrel Bicycles.
• New Wave saddle that the rider leaned against rather than straddled.
• Elastomeric trailing link rear suspension.
• Elliptical pedaling path.
• Development of new belt drive working with Gates which later evolved into Gates Carbon Drive
The Luca Bike received a design award at ISPO Brand New in Munich Germany
my first bicycle project with novel elliptical motion, carbon frame and internal belt drive